Monday, December 17, 2012

I have been ping ponging between trying to buy everything possible so I won't be "in need" next year (i.e. I am convinced I need a new pair of jeans and a nice leather bag) and trying to hold myself back from shopping as much as possible as a way to ease into the New Year of Willpower and Window Shopping.

Over the weekend I did end up spending money on some necessary items (like food and a scarf for my office's white elephant exchange) as well as on some unnecessary items such as a Hello Kitty gingerbread house kit and some fun things I found at a thrift store in SF (a funky sweater, a couple DVDs, a gift for TBF's roommate, a couple children's picture books, some Santa mugs...) So I kind of failed, but I spent a lot less money than usual. And I told myself out loud several times to put items down. So there has been some improvement! I am going to try to spend only $40 until the end of the week, so I will let you know how that goes. Hopefully I will be fine since I have no big plans set for the week.

Oh, and TBF got me a pair of Hudson's for Christmas, so I put a mental check mark next to that "need" in my head...

XOXO
Shopaholic Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment