Saturday, December 29, 2012

I am starting to get SERIOUS cold feet about this whole experience. Part of me is thinking: I'll never be able to do it. Maybe I should amend the rules to shopping once a month instead not at all for an entire year (with two free passes). How am I going to keep myself occupied and control my shopping urges completely? OMG!

Yeah, I'm freaking out but I'm trying to ignore it. After all, I have publicized my blog to enough coworkers and family members that going back on my word would be a shameful, shameful thing.

According to the rules I have until the end of December to do any shopping I may want to do but because my credit card was cancelled due to a fraudulent charge, I am thinking I should let myself have a week after I get my card in the mail to do any last minute shopping. I don't know. Is that bad? I'm on the fence. I will decide when I get the card I guess, depending on my mental state at that time!

In any case, another part of my resolution through Willpower and Window Shopping is that I will buy no material objects, instead spending the time and money I previously spent shopping on new activities, interests, and experiences.

It isn't even 2013 yet, but TBF and I already have so many fantastic plans for this weekend and the New Year that I wanted to share. Maybe it will leave me feeling more optimistic.

We are going to, in no particular order:
A Hornblower dinner/dance in Sacramento
New Year's Eve on the SS Jeremiah O'Brien in SF
The Lion King Musical in SF
2 comedy shows
2 Giants games in SF (One is against the Nationals - Jayson Werth!)
2 fancy schmancy dinners
Yoshii's Jazz Club in SF
Monterey Jazz Festival in Berkeley
Teance tea house in Berkeley
Professional Bull Riding in Sacramento
Monster Jam in Sacramento
Haggin Museum in Stockton
SF MOMA
Pier 39's Aquarium of the Bay
...with even more events being planned every day.

Not too shabby, right? That did leave me feeling quite optimistic.

XOXO
Shopaholic Shawna

P.S. I this morning I bought a polka dot Tahari dress and matching black jacket, a hot pink Lucy love dress, and a pink and black Suzy Chin dress. Two out of three can be considered business friendly, so I thought they were worthwhile buys.

No comments:

Post a Comment