Friday, January 4, 2013

Good Deed 4

"Forgive someone for a minor resentment that has been bothering you."

 Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace. One of my good friends, A-, had this posted as her Facebook status this morning, and it made me think about all of the angst I hold inside because I can't seem to forgive and forget. Today's good deed was to acknowledge reasons why I have been upset and forgive people for resentments that have been bothering me. Obviously I don't want to air out all of my angst publicly, but I'll share that I am forgiving several people for being short, rude, unappreciative, unloving, ignorant, grumpy, thoughtless, and human. Just by making the mental effort, I feel better already.

XOXO
Forgiving Shawna

P.S. Yesterday I also donated 32 books to Chapters Change Children. It's being run by the 6th graders of three schools in Davis in conjunction with the Rotary Club. The kids are collecting books (for all ages) and then fundraising with the help of the Rotary Club to ship the books to Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment