Wednesday, January 23, 2013

So Many Good Deeds! Week 17-23

I am so sorry for slacking on writing about my good deeds for the last week. Between being sick, the long MLK weekend which was filled with The Monterey Jazz Festival On Tour in Berkeley (which was phenomenal!), the 49ers and Sharks games, and ABC Family's Disney movie weekend, then President Obama's Inauguration, celebrating 4 months with TBF, writing an article to get a side job as a fashion blogger for Xaxii, etc. - things have been really hectic on my end and I have struggled to find time to sit in front of my laptop and write. But here are last week's good deeds, numbers 17-23, for all of you who have been anxiously awaiting them. Don't worry, I hadn't given up on my resolution so soon!

"Leave a treat on your coworker's desk."

I overheard a coworker, J-, asking around to see if coworkers had candy because she was craving something sweet. I slipped by her desk a little later and left a Lindor chocolate truffle on her desk when she was on the phone and not looking.

"Set the road rage aside, and let someone else merge."

I tend to have pretty bad road rage, so this was a big one for me. While in bumper to bumper traffic on the Bay Bridge during rush hour on a Friday, on my way to my sweetheart, I let a car in the lane to my right merge in front of me. They had had their blinker on for quite some time, so I was feeling extra empathetic I suppose.

"Watch the movie that your significant other wants to watch."

TBF wanted to watch The Black Swan, so we watched The Black Swan. I have always been mildly interested in the movie since it was so highly acclaimed when it first came out, but it was just too weird and creepy and dark for my liking. I'm a strong proponent of the idea that horror and dark movies are bad for the soul!

"Be quick to apologize."

I was very grumpy with TBF on Sunday but after being grumpy for about half an hour I realized that I was being stupid and quickly apologized. It saved our day!

"Put a love note in a loved one's lunch."


In order to be extra sneaky, I actually slipped TBF's lunch note into his wallet, assuming he would buy lunch. He loved it, and added it to his little pile of notes at work.

"Don't take offense."


I wore these absolutely gorgeous, brand new PLV dusky rose suede heels to work. Along with many compliments, I had one coworker, A-, look at them, laugh, and say, "Those are some funny shoes!" Instead of taking offense, I gritted my teeth, bit my tongue, and laughed along. How are those beauties even close to being funny!

"Be on time all day today."

Since TBF had to leave at 5:15 A.M. for the city, suffice to say I was up and at 'em and on time all day!

XOXO
Shawna

2 comments:

  1. Wow lots of good deeds indeed Shawna, well done, that's brilliant!! I know sometimes it's hard to find the time to sit down and write a post!! Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like "be on time all day today". i'll give it a shot with work meetings this week.

    ReplyDelete