Sunday, January 27, 2013

Good Deeds 24-27

"Put a little cash in your savings account."

After my first paycheck of the new year with no shopping, I had some extra funds left over in pocket money category, so I put an extra $100 in my savings. The plan is working!

"Find two days this year when you can donate your time."

TBF and I signed up for Rebuilding Together Sacramento. There are two building days, one in April and one in September. I encourage everyone to sign up and volunteer with us!

"Plant flowers where someone else will enjoy them."

On Saturday TBF and I volunteered at Muir Woods Earth Day 2013. As part of a team of 11, we planted over 900 plants in an area near the visitor's center. It took us about 3 hours on our knees with gloves and pick-axes, but it felt so rewarding to know that in a couple years that area will be all green due to us.




"Stop and pet a dog and say hello to the owner."

Today TBF and I met up with my friend H- who was in town from D.C. for the weekend for a wedding. We went to afternoon tea in The Mission, and there were two girls with an incredibly soft and fuzzy looking lab puppy so on our way out we stopped to pet him and chat with the girls for a couple seconds. So nice!

XOXO
Volunteer Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment